Shrimp with Creamy Cocktail Sauce
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 dried bay leaves
- Kosher salt
- 2 lbs shell-on large wild-caught shrimp16-20 count, (frozen is fine, just thaw in fridge before boiling).For sauce
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp Sriracha (more to taste)
- Prepare a large ice-water bath. Bring a large pot of water over high heat to boil, add lemon bay leaves and a generous amount of salt.
- Reduce heat to medium, add shrimp and simmer until bright pink and opaque, about 3 minutes. The shrimp will curl when done. Do not overcook.
- Drain and transfer shrimp to the ice bath to cool completely, then drain again and serve over ice with sauce on the side.
- For the sauce; in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup and Sriracha (or other hot sauce).