- 3 Lbs green cabbage, trimmed, shredded, and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 large Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored,sliced, and chopped into 1/2inch pieces.
- 1 Cup walnut pieces, toasted in a drycast iron skillet
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- ½ Cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp honey (more to taste)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrot and apple.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, honey, lemon juice, vanilla and salt. Adjust salt and honey to taste.
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the cabbage mix.
- Toss well, add toasted walnuts, toss again and serve.