Better Baked Bacon
- 2 lb thick cut bacon about 24 slices
- Do not preheat oven
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Arrange bacon on prepared baking sheet in a single layer without sides toughing or overlapping.
- Start bacon in a cool oven, then turn heat to 350° F.
- Bake to desired crispness, 25-35 minutes. Remove from oven, careful not to spill grease.
- Using tongs, transfer bacon slices to a paper towel lined plate.
- After the grease has cooled but not set, pour into a heatproof container for later use (unless your using additional seasoning).