Classic Garlic Bread
- 12 tbsp (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large soft Italian or French loaf of bread
- ¼ C grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 450° F.
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter, add garlic and cook stirring occasionally until the butter is golden and the garlic is very fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Slice the bread in half lengthwise. Brush the crust with the garlic butter, turn the bread to cut-side up and slice each half crosswise at 2-inch intervals without cutting all the way through, making it pull apart easily when done.
- Place bread on a rimmed baking sheet and liberally brush the cut sides with remaining garlic butter.
- Sprinkle both the loaves with Parmesan cheese and a pinch of salt and bake until the edges of the bread are a deep golden brown. 10-15 minutes. Garnish with parsley. Serve warm.