- 1 Cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ Cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ Cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Prepare a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray or paper muffin cup liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, butter and honey.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir just enough to combine. Do not over mix.
- Divide evenly between the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and firm when pressed lightly in the middle of muffins.
- Allow to cool in pan for 2 minutes then turn out into a bread bowl.
- Serve warm with butter and honey.