Glazed Center Cut Ham
- 5 lbs fully cooked boneless ham
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- ¼ cup Dejon mustard
- 1 cup apple juice
- Let the ham sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the ham, fat side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Pour ¼inch water into the bottom of the pan and tent the ham loosely with foil.
- Roast until thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the ham registers 130 degrees F. About one hour.
- Meanwhile, combine the honey, brown sugar, mustard, and apple juice in a medium saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and syrupy. About 15-20 minutes. Set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Carefully uncover the ham and brush about a third of the glaze all over. If the water in the roasting pan has evaporated, add more. Bake the ham uncovered for 10 minutes. Brush with another third of the glaze and bake for another 10 minutes. Brush remaining third of the glaze and bake for another 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow the ham to rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with Honey Mustard Sauce.
- I prefer a solid center cut ham, although I have used the "spiral cut" ones, and they will work, but can be dry. Follow the baking times on the package, because the precut one will cook (and dry out) faster.