Makes about 4 dozen cookies
- 1 Cup softened butter
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ½ Cup buttermilk (or fresh milk + 1T vinegar)
- 1 ¾ Cup unbleached flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Cup rolled oats.
- ½ Cup dried cranberries
- ½ Cup chopped walnuts.
- ½ Cup dried coconut
- 1 Cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and mix well. Stir in buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add in batches to wet ingredients. Blend in oats, then add remaining ingredients.
- Drop from heaping tablespoon, two inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet, Line the baking sheet with parchment paper if desired.
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes or until just golden. Cool on pan for two minutes, remove to wire cooling rack until completely cool.
- For bars, press into a greased 9x13x2" pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until light brown.
- You can line the pan with parchment paper allowing the paper to extend above the sides of the pan for easy removal of the thoroughly cooled and uncut bars.
- Cut into 24 bars and store in an airtight container. Use wax paper or parchment paper between layers to prevent sticking.