Classic Garlic Bread
- 12 Tbsp (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large soft Italian or French loaf
- ¼ Cup grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley leaves,finely chopped
- Place rack in the center of oven and preheat to 450° F. You will need a rimmed baking sheet.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook stirring occasionally until the butter is golden and the garlic is very fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Slice the bread in half lengthwise. Brush the crust with the garlic butter. Turn the bread cut-side up and slice each half crosswise at 2-inch intervals without cutting all the way through, making it pull apart easily when done.
- Place the bread on the baking sheet and liberally brush the cut sides of the bread with more garlic butter, spreading any remaining garlic evenly over top. Use it all.
- Sprinkle the loaves with the Parmesan cheese and a pinch of salt and bake until the edges of the bread are a deep golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve warm.