Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 24 – 32 cookies
- 2 ¼ cup all -purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ¾ Cup granulated sugar
- ¾ Cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 Cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Have ready two ungreased cookie sheets and a wire rack. Cookie sheets may be lined with parchment paper is desired.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, soda and salt. In a larger bowl, or mixer on medium speed, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until creamy. Add eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Gradually add flour mixture in thirds, blend well between each addition, then stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly brown and set. Do not overcook or your cookies will be hard and crispy.
- Cool slightly on cookie sheet (about 2 minutes) before transferring to wire rack. Cool completely and store in an airtight container. Place a sheet of wax or parchment paper between layers to prevent cookies from sticking together.