Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 24 – 32 cookies
- 2 ¼ cup unbleached flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature room temperature
- 2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Have ready two ungreased cookie sheets and a wire rack. Cookie sheets may be lined with parchment paper if desired.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, soda and salt. In a larger bowl, or mixer on medium speed, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until creamy. Add eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Gradually add flour mixture in thirds, blend well between each addition, then stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly brown and set. Do not overcook or your cookies will be hard and crispy.
- Cool slightly on cookie sheet (about 2 minutes) before transferring to wire rack. Cool completely and store in an airtight container. Place a sheet of wax or parchment paper between layers to prevent cookies from sticking together.