- 4 cups rotisserie chicken shredded, skin & bone removed
- 1 cup green onion chopped
- 2 cups Monterey Jack Jalapeno pepper cheese shredded, divided
- 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 16 oz jar La Victoria Salsa Verde
- 2 4.5 oz cans chopped green chilies
- 1 cup sour cream
- 18 6 inch corn tortillas
- ¼ cup vegetable oil more as needed
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Prepare a 9"x 13" baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, green onion, ½ cup grated cheese, Parmesan cheese, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Heat enough oil in a small skillet over medium-high to just float a single tortilla. Place paper towels on a cookie sheet for draining tortillas. Lightly heat tortilla one at a time, turning once, in hot oil just until warmed through, not browned. The tortillas should still be soft when cool. Drain on paper towels.
- Pour ⅔ cup salsa Verde in bottom of the prepared pan. Arrange six tortillas to cover bottom and about an inch up the sides. They should overlap.
- Top tortillas with half the chicken mixture. Scatter one can of chopped green chilis over chicken mixture. Drizzle evenly with ½ cup sour cream.
- Layer next six tortillas. Top with remaining chicken mixture, green chilis and sour cream.
- For the last layer cover with remaining tortillas, remaining salsa Verde and grated cheese.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until bubbly and lightly brown on top. Allow to cool for ten minutes before serving.