- 4 C all-purpose flour
- ½ C sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 C buttermilk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ C 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for brushing
- Butter and maple syrup, for serving
- In a large bowl whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and melted butter until combined. Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture just until combined. Don't over mix, it's okay to leave a few lumps, they will take care of themselves. Allow pancake mix to rest for 10 minutes before using.
- Meanwhile heat a griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Lightly brush with butter or cooking spray.
- Once griddle is hot, pour ¼-½ cup of batter (depending on pancake size desired) onto the griddle for each pancake and cook until bubbles form on top and the bottom is lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Flip pancakes and continue cooking until golden on other side and set in the middle. About 1 minute more. If the pancakes are browning too quickly, reduce heat to medium low.
- Continue brushing the pan with butter or spray between batches. Keep the pancakes on an oven-proof dish in a warm oven until all the batter is cooked and ready to serve.